The world is a crazy, beautiful place. Thus far, 2014 feels like I’ve caught the tiger by the tail and I’ve been dragged along for the ride.
Give it just a little more time
Here were some of the highlights:
- My short story “Blood Will Have Blood” appeared in the Of Predators and Prey: The Hunters Hunted II Anthology from Onyx Path publishing.
- My flash short story “The Embers Burn, and Gentle is the Arrow’s Stinging” appeared in Weretraveler.
- I worked a great deal on the final detail work for Mind’s Eye Theatre: Vampire The Masquerade.
- I attended the Midwinter Gaming Convention as a guest of honor.
- I continued my tradition of Subversive Appleseeding, but alas no answers this year.
- My sister-in-law Valorie died. I drove to Eastern Washington with my wife. Lisa spoke at the funeral and it was very sad and bittersweet.
- My contract at Disney ended because I had hit the contract limit. (Silly contract work restrictions.)
- I discovered that a publishing house that had bought four of my stories has gone out of business and hasn’t told anyone.
- I received an unusually high number of rejections for brilliant projects that I very much wanted to be part of.
The horrible truth is that I needed to slow my pace and enjoy the ride. Street was killing me. The break from the day job allowed me to do what I love and I’ve never felt better. I write in the morning, take an Otter break, and then write until Lisa gets home. I’ve never been happier. I know that I will likely have to take another day job soon, but I am enjoy the ride while it lasts.
Here are some of the highlights of this month:
- I managed to score three different freelance RPG writing gigs for amazing properties. (I’m not allowed to announce them yet, but one of them made Lisa squee.)
- I wrote my first complete comic book script and submitted it. It has made it through the intern gatekeeper. Fingers crossed.
- I completed the layout process for The Future Embodied anthology and am now working on writing the introduction with my co-editor.
- I’ve reviewed, edited, and developed Storyteller Secrets – Guidance and Advice for MET: VTM Storytellers. I even wrote an essay for it titled “The Economy of Cool.”
- I’ve started writing my next novel titled Salvation Falls.
- I’ve started working with an amazing partner on a new comic book.
- Mind’s Eye Theatre: Vampire The Masquerade is now going to press for the hard copy books.
To quote a friend, life is good.
Valuable information. Lucky me I found your website by chance, and I’m surprised why this accident didn’t took
place in advance! I bookmarked it.